HVAC Services in Fort Myers, FL
Signs Your HVAC Unit Needs Professional Attention
While it may be obvious when your HVAC unit isn't cooling properly in the summer or warming up your home in the winter, there are other, less noticeable signs that could also indicate a problem.
You might need a professional to inspect your system if you notice the following issues:
- Unusual noises: If your system is making strange sounds like clanking, banging, or whistling, this could be a sign of a problem.
- Unpleasant smells: Foul odors emanating from your HVAC system could indicate mold growth or a burnt-out wire insulation.
- High energy bills: If you notice a sudden spike in your energy bills without a corresponding increase in usage, your HVAC system could be running inefficiently.
- Frequent cycling: If your unit turns on and off more frequently than normal, this could mean your HVAC is not properly sized or there is a problem with the thermostat.
- Poor air flow: If you feel little to no air coming out of your vents, this could signal a problem with your system's fan or ducts.
No matter the issue, our skilled technicians at PowerHouse Home Services can identify the root cause and provide a cost-effective solution. We are committed to ensuring that your HVAC system works efficiently and reliably, providing you with the comfort you need, irrespective of the season.
When you trust PowerHouse Home Services, you can know the job will be done right the first time.
Indoor Air Quality
Should I Repair or Replace My HVAC System?
When your HVAC system starts to show signs of trouble, it's natural to worry that you might be facing a hefty expense for a total replacement. However, it's important to understand that this isn't always the case. Sometimes, a simple repair can extend the life of your unit and restore it to optimal function. So, how do you determine whether a repair will suffice or if your unit is beyond repair and needs to be replaced? Here are some factors to consider:
- Age of the HVAC system: Most HVAC systems last between 15 to 20 years. If your system is nearing or has surpassed this age range, it may be more cost-effective to replace it.
- Frequency of repairs: If your HVAC system requires frequent repairs, it might be more economical in the long run to invest in a new system.
- Energy efficiency: Older HVAC models might not be as energy-efficient as newer ones. If you notice a steady increase in your energy bills, it might be time to consider a replacement.
- Comfort levels: If your HVAC system isn't keeping your home comfortable, or if there are significant temperature differences between rooms, a new system might be warranted.
- System performance: A unit that cycles on and off frequently, fails to adequately control humidity, or operates noisily may need replacement.
At PowerHouse Home Services, our expert technicians can inspect your HVAC system, consider these factors, and provide an honest recommendation about whether a repair or a replacement would be in your best interest.
At PowerHouse Home Service, we will always do our best to make any situation right. We do not preach perfection, we stand behind our mistakes. Here are three guarantees you can count on from us: