Fort Myers Generator Installation
Installation of your new whole home automatic standby generator is not a DYI project. You may be tempted to install one on your own to save some money, but the trade offs could end up being expensive, time consuming and dangerous.
A whole home automatic generator installed by the generator experts at PowerHouse Home Services will assure that you and your family are safe, protected from the elements and your daily routine is never interrupted. We know all the tricks, tips and safety requirements that will assure your new generator will be there when you need it and run at peak efficiently.
We Never Take Shortcuts When it Comes to Safety & Reliability
- We Pull the Electrical Permit
- We Handle Permits for HOAs
- We Perform the Work to Electrical Code
- We Guarantee Your New Automatic Generator Will Pass Any Electrical Inspection
PowerHouse Home Services Custom Sizes Your Generator
Shopping at the big box store for a generator can be an unending maze of unanswered questions and bad advice. They’ll always try to sell you more than you need and are probably not even aware of the transfer switch, electrical panel and installation requirements.
We size the generator to you and your family; not a one-size-fits-all approach. Our generator experts take into account dozens of specifications to calculate the estimated wattage needed to run your home. We consider everything from the A/C and furnace to the refrigerator, TVs, computers, garage door opener, water heater, washing machine and even your electric vehicle.
It will be an exciting day when the PowerHouse Home Services truck pulls up in front of your house to install your new whole home automatic standby generator. That’s because you’ll have confidence in knowing your team of installers and electricians have been thoroughly trained and have carefully planned out everything down to the smallest detail. You may even want to put out a lawn chair or two to watch!
Consider the Best Whole Home Generators Type
Two primary types of whole home generators exist—portable and standby. The former turns on automatically whenever an outage happens. Meanwhile, the latter allows you to pick the circuits to power. Your best choice depends on your home requirements.
Standby generators are permanent installations, usually on the side of your home. It has enough capacity to power every appliance. The best part is it needs no further setup after the initial installation.
The primary downside of a standby generator is the cost. The average whole-home generator installation is around $15,000. Portable generators are more flexible and cheaper. However, it's only great as a whole home generator when you have a few electrical appliances.
Unlike their standby counterpart, portable generators will not turn on automatically. If a tree falls on your power lines, your home will have no power until you start your generator.
Think About the Generator Size
Your preferred generator size depends on the amount of electricity you use. Typical houses need a 7 kW generator to keep core appliances operational. If you have a larger space, consider getting a more substantial generator.
The best method is to add the watts of each appliance operating on your home. For example, a house with a window AC, refrigerator, computer, and five lights needs 1,700 watts. You can also look for an energy consumption calculator.
Look at the Additional Features
These additional features add to the generator's value. You need not find everything in one machine.
- Automatic CO Shutoff
- This vital safety feature turns off a generator whenever its sensor detects carbon monoxide buildup. It's more common in portable generators. How do you determine whether a generator has this feature? Look for the ANSI/UL2201 Certified for Carbon Monoxide Safety label on the packaging.
- Low-Oil Shutoff
- When oil falls below the generator's minimum levels, it shuts down. It's a safety feature to prevent engine damage. All reputable stationary models have it.
- Alternative Fuel Capacity
- Most generators use gasoline. However, some also run using either propane tanks or natural gas. Some brands are also convertible with kits.
Install Whole Home Generators in Southwest Florida Today
These are some buying tips for whole home generators. Never let your home suffer from blackouts again. Use what you learned to get the best one for your home.
Generac has a long history as the top-selling brand of home backup generators. Founded in 1959, they have been manufacturing generators for over 60 years, including portable, residential, commercial and industrial generators. Generac Generators are excellent in quality, are generally more affordable than other brands, and carry the largest selection of home generators.
- Less than 5% total harmonic distortion, which means your appliances will run smoothly and your sensitive electronics and appliances will be protected from overheating and overloading.
- Quiet-Test™ Self-Test Mode runs the generator more slowly during a five or twelve minute test, making generators quieter and more efficient.
- G-Force Engine, a pressure-lubricated engine, is durable and produces reliable backup power for your home. Generac generators require less routine maintenance than any competitive engine.
- 24/7/365 customer service is available from Generac headquarters in Wisconsin.
- RhinoCoat™ powder-coated finish reduces corrosion and protects your generator during adverse weather conditions.
- Generac’s Evolution™ Controller features a multilingual LCD display where you can monitor battery and maintenance intervals.
Cummins is a well-known brand that manufactures a variety of products in addition to home-backup generators. Founded in 1919, Cummins prides itself in producing high-quality products. While Cummins generators are typically more expensive, they are known for their excellent quality, durability, efficiency, and compact design.
- Cummins generators can be installed as close as 18 inches to your home, due to compact size, safety ratings, and quiet design.
- Flexible Exercise Modes, which are required to run diagnostics and maintain the generator, can be set for your preferred time, date, and frequency. There is also a ‘Crank only’ exercise mode that can run diagnostics without starting the generator engine, which increases the generator’s life and makes it even quieter.
- Intelligent Load Management is integrated into each genset. This technology continuously monitors how much power is required for your appliances, and only powers the appliances the generator has amperage capacity to run. This technology can allow you to invest in a smaller generator because it has the ability to turn equipment on and off based on household demand, and will power equipment off as necessary to prevent itself from overloading and shutting down.
- Cummin’s QuietConnect™ series are quieter than other home standby generators, with sound insulated enclosures and 65dB or lower noise levels.
At PowerHouse Home Service, we will always do our best to make any situation right. We do not preach perfection, we stand behind our mistakes. Here are three guarantees you can count on from us:
"All of the staff at Powerhouse Home Services are great!"
They're always responsive and they come very quickly to get the work done. We are now using them for all the projects they can handle. Great company for one-stop shopping when it comes to keeping your home working and comfortable.- Steve B.
"Professional, Punctual & Responsive"
Nick was extremely professional as well as exceptionally personable. Good customer service is hard to find and these guys are awesome, especially when a technician goes above and beyond.- Scott R.
"I will not hesitate to call PowerHouse Home Services the next time I have an issue in my home."
Nick was EXTREMELY knowledgeable and professional, he took the time to walk me through all of the work he was doing, and really went above and beyond my expectations.- Erik G.
"WELL PUMP REPLACEMENT DONE RIGHT!"
Kyle did a fantastic job on our repair. He responded to our request for help immediately and fit us in on the same day even though he already had another job to do. Kyle was upfront and honest about the cost and how long it would take to complete.- Elizabeth
"Thank you, Powerhouse, for being a great company and having awesome employees!"
I had an issue with my water meter and a leak under my kitchen sink, and Dave was so professional, gave great insight, and showed up in a timely manner!- Hannah I.
"Highly recommend Powerhouse Home Services"
I called Powerhouse Home Services because my ac unit stopped working. They were able to get a technician out to my home within a couple of hours. Frank our technician was great, he figured out our probably pretty quickly and got our ac unit back up and- Dustin H.
"Can't recommend Greg and the team at PowerHouse enough!"
My tech. was Greg, he arrived on time with a great attitude. Greg explained exactly what went wrong and how he fixed it to not happen again!- Thor P.
"To whom it may concern...."
Overall, my experience with Powerhouse was amazing and refreshing from the phone call to the end. Thank you so much for your quick response to my issues and the repairs.- Donald S.
When the power goes out in your Southwest Florida home, do you have a plan in place? Are you running to gather candles and flashlights, or do you calmly walk over to your backup generator switch and turn everything back on? Our well-trained staff handles all your residential and business generator needs.
Having started out as a generator company, we knew our customers would benefit greatly from having a company that could service their entire electrical system and not just their standby generator. We have electricians on staff that can handle projects as small as receptacle replacement and repairs to as large as whole home rewires.
Our plumbing service professionals are factory trained to handle everything from natural gas and propane lines, water heaters, home water filtration, drain cleaning, emergency repairs, and even home re-pipes and pipe repair. We use advanced techniques to diagnose and address plumbing problems promptly, restoring the functionality of your plumbing system in no time.
Whether you need heating repairs, air conditioning installations, or routine maintenance, our HVAC technicians are well-equipped to keep your home comfortable all year round. We are familiar with various HVAC systems and can recommend the best solutions to maximize efficiency and minimize energy costs.